The celebrated new Ascension Edition of the Catechism, titles in Marriage and Family, and titles in Classic Spirituality earn Ascension 7 First Place wins, plus a category sweep for Catholic “Family Life.”
In its best year yet at the Catholic Media Association’s Book Awards competition, multimedia publisher Ascension brought home 14 Wins and 3 Honorable Mentions:
- 7 First Place Awards
- 2 Second Place Awards
- 5 Third Place Awards
- 3 Honorable Mentions
Highlights from this year’s results include:
- The Catechism of the Catholic Church, Ascension Edition, won First Place as well as an Honorable Mention.
- Ascension swept the “Family Life” category, from First to Third Place.
- Ascension saw 2 winners each in the “Pastoral Ministry—Parish Life” and “Spirituality—Classical” categories.
- 2 books each earned double honors: The Good, the Messy, and the Beautiful: The Joys and Struggles of Real Married Life (Edward and Beth Sri) as well as What Would Monica Do? (Patti Maguire Armstrong and Roxane Beauclair Salonen), the latter of which won First Place in 2 categories.
- Ascension Author Edward Sri won First Place in 2 categories.
The Catholic Media Association was founded over a century ago. Today, its mission is “to build and strengthen the value, effectiveness, and identity of Catholic media.”
Ascension’s 2023 Winning Titles (A-Z)
- 1st Place: Popular Presentation of the Catholic Faith
- Honorable Mention: Reference / Academic Study
- 3rd Place: Other Faith-Based Novels
- 3rd Place: Best Books for Youth Ages 0-11
- 1st Place: Marriage and Family Living
- 3rd Place: Family Life
- 3rd Place: Backlist Beauty
- 1st Place: English Translation Edition
- 2nd Place: Family Life
- Honorable Mention: Best Books for Youth Ages 0-11
- 1st Place: Spirituality—Classical
- 3rd Place: Spirituality—Classical
- 2nd Place: Pastoral Ministry – Parish Life
- 1st Place: Faith Formation
- Honorable Mention: Best Front Cover Artwork
- 1st Place: Family Life
- 1st Place: Pastoral Ministry—Parish Life
For author interviews or other media inquiries, please contact Leslie Rowe at Leslie@PrevishMarketing.com.
Ascension is a multimedia network and the leader in Catholic faith formation and digital content. Over the past 25 years, Ascension has helped to nurture the faith of more than 10 million Catholics through award-winning books, the chart-topping Bible in a Year and Catechism in a Year podcasts, more than 50 unique faith formation programs, and Ascension Presents, which hosts the largest Catholic YouTube channel in English.