Ascension is the leader in Catholic faith formation and digital content. Over the past 20 years, Ascension has helped to nurture the faith of more than 10 million people in 8,000 parishes through books, Bibles, faith formation programs, chart-topping podcasts, social media, and the Ascension Presents YouTube channel.
Unparalleled Digital Platforms for Catholic Content
- Ascension Presents is the top Catholic YouTube channel in English with more than 650,000 subscribers and over 100 million views. Some of its most popular personalities include Fr. Mike Schmitz, Jackie and Bobby Angel, the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal (CFRs), and Fr. Josh Johnson.
- The Bible in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz)™ featuring Jeff Cavins was the #1 show on Apple Podcasts in all categories for 17 days after its launch, from January 2—18, 2021, and hit the same position again in January 2022. Press resources here.
- Ascension’s 10 podcasts have received over 250 million total downloads. Several shows regularly rank in the top 10 “Catholic” podcasts available on Apple Podcasts.
- The Ascension social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube) enjoy 1.3 million combined followers and publish inspiring, uplifting faith-based content daily.
Books & Study Programs for Individuals & Communities
- Ascension has sold over 3.7 million books for individual study and prayer, along with an additional 4.2 million participant books for Bible study, faith formation, and sacramental preparation.
- Ascension developed The Great Adventure® Bible Study Program, which organizes Scripture study according to The Bible Timeline®, an innovative system of twelve color-coded, easily remembered time periods. The Bible Timeline Learning System has been used by hundreds of thousands of Catholics to better understand God’s Word.
- The Great Adventure Catholic Bible, developed to accompany The Great Adventure program, is the most popular and best-rated Catholic Bible in the United States, according to Amazon sales data. It features The Bible Timeline and other study aids integrated directly into the Scriptural text, and, is also available in Spanish.
- Ascension’s award-winning Confirmation program, Chosen: Your Journey Toward Confirmation, has been used to prepare over 700,000 Confirmation candidates for the gift of the Holy Spirit and was named the 2015 Resource of the Year by the Association of Catholic Publishers.
- Ascension’s A Guide to the Passion: 100 Questions about The Passion of the Christ was a New York Times Best Seller when it debuted in 2004.
Our Mission & Values
Our mission is to present the truth and beauty of the Catholic Faith as the path to a fulfilled life and authentic happiness. We share valuable resources, create powerful media, and build communities to answer the longings of the human heart with the transformative power of the Gospel.