Ordained in 2001, Fr. Mark Toups is known for his joyful, encouraging spiritual advice as he helps Catholics develop habits of daily prayer. His many books and studies with Ascension all serve as resources for Catholics to deepen their prayer lives and encounter the Lord in meaningful ways, particularly through meditation upon the Scriptures and through celebration of the holy seasons of Advent and Lent.
Fr. Toups is a priest for the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux, for which he is the vicar general, as well as pastor of Our Lady of the Isle in Grand Isle, Louisiana. In addition to his pastoral work, Fr. Toups is an adjunct faculty member for the Institute for Priestly Formation, specializing in communications, development, and spiritual direction. Fr. Toups received his M.Div. from Notre Dame Seminary in New Orleans. A college graduate of Nicholls State University, he is a native of Houma, Louisiana.
Fr. Toups is the author of Oremus: A Catholic Guide to Prayer, the Rejoice! Advent Meditations series, and the Lenten Companion series from Ascension.
See more from Fr. Toups:
- The Ascension Lenten Companion: Year B
- Fr. Toups: A Vocation Story
- The Lenten Companion Series
- Oremus: A Guide to Catholic Prayer
- Power and Grace: A Guide to the Catholic Sacraments
- Rejoice! Advent Meditations Series
- Rejoice! Advent Meditations with the Holy Family
- Rejoice! Advent Meditations with Joseph
- Rejoice! Advent Meditations with Mary